New research project at the National Acoustic Laboratories
We are seeking adult participants with
- English as a first language;
- Between ages of 18-80 years old
- Moderate or moderate-severe hearing loss in both ears
- at least 18 months wearing hearing aids in both ears; and
- normal vision or corrected-to-normal vision.
The aim of this project is to investigate whether the advanced features of a hearing aid can help reduce the effort required in daily conversations.
This study will involve 3 appointments at the Australian Hearing Hub.
- At the first appointment we will test your hearing and ask you to complete some memory and reading tasks.
- At the second appointment, you will be fitted with new hearing aids for you to trial for 4-6 weeks
- At the third appointment, you will do a speech-in-noise listening task while we monitor your brain waves with EEG.
You will receive $175 at the end of the third appointment in appreciation of your participation.
If you would like to find out more please email Angela Wong at Angela.Wong@nal.gov.au
At the first appointment a hearing test will determine your candidacy for this study.
Approval Number AHHREC2019-12