Hearing Australia celebrates 75 years of innovation and service to Australians
Hearing Australia’s journey has been an extraordinary one. Starting with their support to returned war veterans in 1947, the organisation has transformed with changing times to deliver on its promise to provide innovative, world-leading research and expert hearing care to over 1.5 million Australians of all ages and walks of life.
Today, Hearing Australia remains committed to working with its partners to transform hearing healthcare and the lives of people with hearing loss. The organisation’s latest campaign not only celebrates 75 years of service to Australians, but it also shines a light on Hearing Australia’s unique role in helping all Australians, from babies to pensioners, and First Nations peoples.
Since the 1940s, Hearing Australia has been working in collaboration with government, hearing care partners, and communities to:
- help Australians discover and rediscover the joy of sound
- keep people connected to the life and people they love
- lead research that changes lives
- make positive differences that impact whole communities
- prevent hearing loss in high-risk industries and communities, especially in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Read more about Hearing Australia’s remarkable history and their latest campaign on the Hearing Australia website.