Hearing Hub Junior Science Academy for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Kids
Junior Science Academy (JSA), in collaboration with the Australian Hearing Hub and Parents of Deaf Children, is proudly presenting an exciting and accessible science program designed for Deaf and Hard of Hearing children.
SAVE THE DATE
- Tuesday 4th July – Grades 1-3, Class TBC
- Wednesday 5th July – Grades 4-6, Class TBC
Cost: FREE. Tickets are generously subsidised by the partners of Hearing Hub Junior Science Academy for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Kids
Location: Level 3, Australian Hearing Hub, 16 University Avenue, Macquarie University
Drop off: 8.30am – 9.30am Activities: 9.30am – 4.30pm Pick up: 4.30pm – 5.30pm
Morning tea: Each day Parents of Deaf Children (PODC) will he hosting a morning tea for parents and careers.
Rural and Regional Scholarships: Are you travelling from rural or regional Australia? Ask us about our scholarship program that provides support with accommodation and travel costs. Email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST we will contact you in late May.
- Children are introduced to science concepts and skills in a safe and supportive
- Courses teach the concepts through experiments, physical activity, craft and other hands-on activities.
- Children meet others with similar life experiences to them and enjoy making new social connections.
- Auslan interpreter and Roger assisted listening device available
Want first access to tickets and to find out more about other Parents of Deaf Children (PODC) events? Sign up for free membership with PODC
For more information please visit the JSA for children with hearing loss page
Visit the JSA website for more information, including class descriptions
We’re here if you need to speak with a member of our team. Email us at email@example.com to submit a question or to request a call back.