Hearing Hub Junior Science Academy for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Kids
An accessible Junior Science Academy program for children who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, held at the Australian Hearing Hub, Macquarie University.
April 2022 Program Details:
- Tuesday 12th April 2022: Earth and Solar, for children in Years 1 – 3
- Wednesday 13th April 2022: Building Old Town Road for children in Years 3 – 5
- Children are introduced to science concepts and skills in a safe and supportive
- Courses teach the concepts through experiments, physical activity, craft and other hands-on activities.
- Children meet others with similar life experiences to them and enjoy making new social connections.
- Auslan interpreter and Roger assisted listening device available
Drop off: 8.30am – 9.30am
Activities: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Pick up: 4.30pm – 5.30pm
Cost: Free to eligible students
Please register your interest in the program via our online survey
Follow the link to register – https://limesurvey.mq.edu.au/index.php/148517?lang=en
For more information please visit the JSA for children with hearing loss page,
Thank you to our sponsor:
Science Camp appeal:
To be as inclusive as possible, the camps are free to attend. To help cover the costs involved, we invite people to support where possible- please donate now.